Saturday, July 2, 2011

We actually exchanged these emails

I opened up my email around lunch time Friday and this email was waiting for me.

Subject: Email
It is Friday and the end of the week and this is my email at work. I plan on keeping the exchanges PC until I know more about the process of how email works. The prior ****** background has me all up in arms about policies and statutes about everything within the company concerning employee behavior. Smiles.

(no shit there was the full work signature here)
Caridad Lastname
Fancy Ass Job Title
Brand-new Workplace
Caridad.Lastname at brand-new.workplace
555.555.5555

So I decided to mess with her a
little.

Subject: Re: Email
Dear Caridad,

I appreciate the update on your work status. It gives me great cheer to note that you have a lovely full-time job as a ******* with an email account. I look forward to our future exchanges, and have a lovely three day weekend. Happy fourth of July!

Cheers,
Avril Obscene (well, my real name but fuck you if I want to share that all with the internets)
Administrative Assistant to the Director
My Fancy Workplace
Avril.Obscene at My.Fancy.Workplace
888.888.8888


Apparently she didn't catch the sarcasm font the first time around...

Subject: Re: Email
Just so you know the signature at the end is my permanent default signature. It goes out in every email. lol

Caridad Lastname
Fancy Ass Job Title
Brand-New Workplace
Caridad.Lastname at Brand-new.Workplace
555.555.5555


I'm having too much fun at this point to stop screwing with her...


Subject: Re: Email
Dear Caridad,

I assure you that your email signature did not throw me for a loop at all. I certainly think it is proper and quite becoming of a young professional. Hope this clears up our misunderstanding! Cheers!

Avril Obscene
Administrative Assistant to the Director
My Fancy Workplace
Avril.Obscene at My.Fancy.Workplace
888.888.8888


-------------------------
After I sent that last email to her work account I emailed another to her personal account:

Subject: Shit
I used lovely twice in that email to your work account. now they're going to be on to us.

PS Not sure why it is necessary to be such a smartass but it truly is. Forgive me.


A few hours later I got this one from her work account:



Subject: Re: Email
Just got your email, you are correct about your intelligence as a mammal. I however find it slightly amusing at times it keeps it real.

Caridad Lastname
Fancy Ass Job Title
Brand-new Workplace
Caridad.Lastname at Brand-new.Workplace
555.555.5555



Subject: Re: Email
Dear Caridad,

I admire your succinct responses, and must admit that I chuckled to myself (CTM! he! he!) as I decoded your most recent reply. I find that amusing people with your astounding wit is important in professional relationships, just as honesty and integrity are. Please accept my sincere appreciation for the humor you inject into my daily life.

Cheers!
Avril Obscene
Administrative Assistant to the Director
My Fancy Workplace
Avril.Obscene at My.Fancy.Workplace
888.888.8888


A few hours later from Caridad....


Subject: Re: Email
I was wondering if you have been informed of the day's end. If so please forward a copy of that notice. It would be much appreciated.

Caridad Lastname
Fancy Ass Job Title
Brand-new Workplace
Caridad.Lastname at Brand-new.Workplace



This time I was prepared.



Subject: Re: Email
You are receiving this message as a courtesy. This is an auto-response system. Avril Obscene will be out of the office fir the holiday from July 1 - July 5. If this is a true emergency, please contact your local authorities. As always, that you for contacting My Fancy Workplace. We apreciate your patronage, and enjoy the long weekend!

Cheers,
Avril Obscene
Administrative Assistant to the Director
My Fancy Workplace
Avril.Obscene at My.Fancy.Workplace



I just want to point out that I took part in this entire exchange in my personal GMail account. Without a signature or auto-response. Because I am committed. or should be.




No comments:

Post a Comment